- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries That Built Our History
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Waiting Child Webinars
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Request Free Adoption Packet!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Independent Adoption Program
Gladney has provided Independent Adoption services for several years, and offers a high level of service to adoptive parents and birth parents. Each adoption, like each family, is unique. Our goal is to get to know you and understand your unique situation so that, together, we can customize your adoption experience to meet your needs.
The Independent Adoption program allows adoptive parents who have already located their own birth mother to utilize the outstanding adoption services Gladney provides for both the birth mother and the adoptive parents. Gladney and an adoption attorney (or out-of-Texas adoption agency) will then facilitate the adoption.
Gladney is also able to work with licensed adoption agencies to provide counsel and support to birth mothers in Texas working with an adoptive couple outside of the State of Texas. Admission to our Independent Adoption program is limited to those who meet the following guidelines:
- Prefer expectant mother to live in the State of Texas (other areas served Arkansas, Florida, and Oklahoma)
- Adoptive Parents have an approved home study from a licensed agency
- Adoptive Parents married for a minimum of one year
- One adoptive parent must be a U.S. citizen
Our Independent Adoption Program Offers:
- Guidance from experienced staff.
- Client counseling services.
- Experienced and respected legal staff.
- Specialized parenting education.
- Post-adoption support services.
- Coordination of a mutually acceptable post adoption contact agreement.
- Confidentiality when applicable, unless both parties agree to more openness throughout the process.
To learn more about the Independent Adoption program and the adoption services fee, please email Ashley Whiteside or call her at 817.922.6000.