- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries That Built Our History
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Waiting Child Webinars
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Request Free Adoption Packet!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
The Gladney Center for Adoption extended its commitment to children and families in 2000 by creating the New Beginnings Program. We believe that all children deserve loving, permanent homes. The New Beginnings Program serves families who share this belief and are able to open their hearts and homes to a child who is:
- Currently in state foster care in Texas and available for straight adoption
- An older child, 7 years old and older, available for adoption
- Sibling groups with children ranging in ages of 5 and older
- Minority children
- Medically challenged
Adopting a Child from Foster Care
Gladney assists the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services by recruiting loving adoptive homes for children currently waiting in the Texas state foster care system. Most of these children are over the age of seven and have been removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. There are numerous children available, and there is no fee for families who adopt a child waiting in foster care with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
* This program is only open to families currently residing within 150 mile radius of Dallas/Fort, Texas or Houston, Texas.
Adopting a Medically Challenged Child
In addition, Gladney has an adoption program for infants with non-correctable medical and/or congenital conditions. These situations arise on a limited basis, and fees are largely underwritten by Gladney fund-raising efforts.
Adopting an Older Child
Children 7 years and older may become available for adoption when a birth family can no longer meet the needs of the child. Poverty and the health condition of the caregivers often play a role in the decision of the birth family to plan adoption through Gladney. These situations arise on a limited basis, and fees are largely underwritten by Gladney fundraising efforts.
New Beginnings is a highly specialized program involving unique and challenging situations. Families are selected based on:
- Ability to provide the love, care and experience necessary for each individual child’s needs.
- Prepared to procure the needed medical resources. Gladney’s staff will assist in the attainment of subsidies for qualifying children.
- Reside within 150 mile radius of Dallas/Fort, Texas or Houston, Texas.
Our New Beginnings Program Offers:
- Guidance from experienced staff.
- Experienced and respected legal staff.
- Membership in a parent support group.
- Specialized parenting education including Gladney's Pathways Training.
- Post-placement support services.
- Request a free, comprehensive Adoption Information Packet. Make your request on-line or by calling 817.922.6008.
- Complete and submit the Information Sheet in the Adoption Information Packet.
- Attend an orientation meeting to discover the step-by-step process of a New Beginnings Adoption!
The Toy and Its Story
|Trains and railroads played a huge part in America's economic history. Trains were a means of travel and were mostly used to transport goods all across the United States. Toy train sets vary from simple pull toys to elaborate mechanical sets that run on multiple tracks.|
To find out how to support this important work through a donation, please contact Gladney's Development Office online or by calling 817.922.6005.