- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries That Built Our History
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Waiting Child Webinars
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Request Free Adoption Packet!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
Taiwan Applicant Criteria
With the support of Taiwanese child welfare foundations: Chung Yi Social Welfare Foundation, and Cathwel Services, Gladney is able to work with families interested in adopting from Taiwan. All families will be considered on a case by case basis.
At this time, Gladney’s Chung Yi program is primarily open to families interested in adopting younger children, aged 3-5 years, with special medical or physical needs or children over the age of 5 years, and sibling groups. The Cathwel program is primarily open to families interested in adopting children, aged 3-5 years, with special medical or physical needs or children over the age of 5 years, and sibling groups.
All families will be considered on a case by case basis and should meet the following criteria.
- Married heterosexual couples
- Must be married a minimum of 2 years (in some cases must be married a minimum of 5 years, or prove committed relationship for 5 years)
- Only 1 divorce per adoptive parent
- Must be between 25-50 years old
- Must be at least 20 years older than the child to be adopted
Children at Home:
- There must be no more 3 children already in the home
- Combined annual income must be at least $80,000
- Net Worth must be at least $80,000
- Must be healthy or have only minor health concerns
- Minimum of high school education or GED/vocational equivalent
- At least one applicant must be a US citizen
- No alcohol abuse within the past ten years; no history of drug abuse
- No history of child abuse, sexual abuse, or domestic violence
No criminal violations within the past ten years
To learn more about adopting from Taiwan, please request one of Gladney's free, comprehensive Adoption Information Packets. Make your request on-line or by calling 212-868-3434 or 1-800-INT-ADOP.