With the support of Taiwanese child welfare foundations: Chung Yi Social Welfare Foundation, and Cathwel Services, Gladney is able to work with families interested in adopting from Taiwan. All families will be considered on a case by case basis.
At this time, Gladney’s Taiwan program is primarily open to families interested in adopting younger children, aged 3-5 years, with special medical or physical needs, or children over the age of 5 years, and sibling groups.
All families will be considered on a case by case basis and should meet the following criteria.
- Married heterosexual couples
- Must be married a minimum of 2 years (in some cases must be married a minimum of 5 years, or prove committed relationship for 5 years)
- Only 1 divorce per adoptive parent
- Must be between 25-50 years old
- Must be at least 20 years older than the child to be adopted
Children at Home:
- There must be no more 3 children already in the home
- Combined annual income must be at least $80,000
- Net Worth must be at least $80,000
- Must be healthy or have only minor health concerns
- Minimum of high school education or GED/vocational equivalent
- At least one applicant must be a US citizen
- No alcohol abuse within the past ten years; no history of drug abuse
- No history of child abuse, sexual abuse, or domestic violence
- No criminal violations within the past ten years
To learn more about adopting from Taiwan, please request one of Gladney's free, comprehensive Adoption Information Packets. Make your request on-line or by calling 212-868-3434 or 1-800-INT-ADOP.