- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries That Built Our History
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Waiting Child Webinars
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Request Free Adoption Packet!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- POST ADOPTION
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
About the Superkids Program
In 2007, Gladney joined forces with Superkids, a program which sent medical and therapy volunteers to visit children with special needs in orphanages in China. Today, teams continue to visit China to assist waiting children in finding forever adoptive families through child centered adoption advocacy, as well as improve quality of life for these children through caregiver training and orphanage assistance. Being able to properly assess the children in-person enables Gladney to better advocate and match children with waiting adoptive families. The Superkids teams also provide direct support to orphanages, such as delivering specialized bottles for children with cleft lip/palate, training caregivers on their use, and providing medical and therapy equipment as needed.
Currently, Gladney has an active Superkids program in China and Taiwan. Previously, teams have also visited children in Ethiopia.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for waiting children worldwide.
- Every child deserves a loving family.
- Each child is special and is not defined by his/her special need.
- Gladney’s Superkids program cooperates with orphanages for the benefit of waiting children.
- Gladney believes in child-focused advocacy.
- Well-informed prospective adoptive parents are better prepared for caring for their child and for their future family as a whole.
- For children in orphanages who are not available for adoption or who continue to wait for adoptive families, Gladney’s Superkids volunteers train and educate the orphanage caregivers, in order to enrich the children’s lives and futures.
Meet the Team
Keely graduated with her doctorate in physical therapy from Duke University in 2009. She then did a one-year pediatric PT residency in Little Rock Arkansas. She recently finished a Masters degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Applied Developmental Psychology—the emphasis of that degree was in understanding how context (specifically institutionalization) affects child development. One of Keely's roles is just to be a voice for Superkids around child development. She is a resource for families throughout the process. She will talk with you about the developmental information we obtain when we meet children on our trips. But she can also talk with you about treatment ideas and considerations down the road.
Erin is our volunteer Waiting Child Advocate. She is a Gladney adoptive mom and a tireless advocate for waiting children. She has an amazing dedication to helping waiting children find their adoptive families.
Darla Wrage, MD
Darla is a Pediatrician and a Gladney adoptive mom. Darla has a heart for adoption and a passion for helping waiting children.
Want to be Part of the Team?
Find out how by contacting Wendy Stanley.