Gladney is only accepting new families to adopt children age 3+ years or special medical needs children from Taiwan. For the most current information about Gladney’s Taiwan Adoption program, please check out our blog.
Gladney works with two government-licensed child welfare foundations in Taiwan. Gladney's Taiwan program is able to offer adoption opportunities to families desiring to adopt a toddler or school-aged child.
Birth parents are typically involved in this adoption matching process. All adoptive family information shared with birth parents is non-identifying. Continued communication after placement, between the birth parent and adoptive family, is coordinated between the child welfare foundation and Gladney. Children come into the care of a child welfare institute when a birth mother decides to relinquish her rights to a child or a child is referred by the social service department of a local county government. The youngest children are approximately 3-5 years old. There are many children ages 6 and older at the time of referral. Healthy and special needs children are available, both male and female.
Couples interested in adopting through Gladney’s Taiwan Program must meet the following guidelines:
- Married for a minimum of two years (in some 5 years)
- Taiwan will only place children with heterosexual couples
- Each parent must be between 25-50 years old
- Each parent must be 20 years older than the child being adopted
- Live in the United States
- One parent must be a U.S. citizen
- No more than 3 children already living in the home
- Interest in adopting children aged 3-5 years with special needs or children over the age of 5 years, and sibling groups
- Express an openness to a child with a medical condition
To read the full list of requirements, please proceed to Exploring Adoption »
Waiting Children Asia is a Gladney program that places babies, toddlers and older children with medical needs from China and Taiwan. Also available for adoption are older (6+ years of age) children who are healthy. Learn More
Super Kids is a humanitarian aid and child advocacy program at the Gladney Center for Adoption that provides developmental screenings, caregiver trainings and adoption advocacy on behalf of Taiwanese orphans. Learn More