The Gladney Center for Adoption extended its commitment to children and families in 2000 by creating the New Beginnings Program. This program connects families with children in the foster care system that are immediately available for adoption. We believe that all children deserve loving and caring family.
Gladney assists the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services by recruiting loving adoptive homes in Texas for children currently waiting in the Texas state foster care system. Most of these children are over the age of seven and have been removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect.
Neither Gladney nor the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services charges any fees to adopt a child in the custody of Child Protective Services. The State of Texas also offers ongoing financial assistance for eligible children, including healthcare benefits, a monthly stipend and a college tuition waiver to public universities in Texas.
**All of the casework for this adoption program is handled from Gladney's main location in Fort Worth, Texas.**
Adopting an Older Child
Children 7 years and older may become available for adoption when a birth family can no longer meet the needs of the child. Poverty and the health condition of the caregivers often play a role in the decision of the birth family to plan adoption through Gladney. These situations arise on a limited basis, and fees are largely underwritten by Gladney fundraising efforts.
Gladney's New Beginnings Program offers:
- Guidance from experienced staff
- Experienced and respected legal staff
- Membership in a parent support group
- Specialized parenting education including Gladney's Pathways Training
- Post-placement support services
Families interested in adopting through Gladney’s New Beginnings Program should be open to the following:
- Currently in state foster care in Texas and available for straight adoption
- An older child, 7 years old and older, available for adoption
- Sibling groups with children ranging in ages of 5 and older
- Minority children
- Medically challenged
New Beginnings is a highly specialized program involving unique and challenging situations. Families are selected based on:
- Live in the State of Texas or Oklahoma
- Ability to provide the love, care and experience necessary for each individual child’s needs
- Prepared to procure the needed medical resources. Gladney’s staff will assist in the attainment of subsidies for qualifying children
To learn more about adopting from Gladney's New Beginnings Adoption Program, please sign up for a virtual Information Session.
Every year in the U.S., medically fragile infants are born every day. The Gladney Center for Adoption has a program for infants with non-correctable medical and/or congenital conditions. Learn More
Heart Gallery of North Texas
Right here in Texas, there are children waiting to be adopted. Children that are legally available for adoption and waiting in foster homes. At Gladney we are committed to helping find stable, loving homes for as many of these children as possible. Because we believe that every child deserves a loving and caring family. Learn More