Gladney is excited to offer Colombia as an adoption option. We're committed to finding permanent and loving families for these beautiful children.
Throughout the adoption process, we work closely with the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare (ICBF). The ICBF, located in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia, processes international adoptions and oversees the licensing of private orphanages. Gladney also works with private orphanages (IAPA).
Couples interested in adopting through Gladney’s Colombia Program must meet the following guidelines:
- Married for a minimum of one year
- One parent must be a Colombian citizen or have a Colombian heritage
- Each parent must be between 25-50 years old
- The oldest parent can only be 45 years older than the youngest child adopting
- One parent must be a U.S. citizen
- Both parents required to travel
To read the full list of requirements, please proceed to Exploring Adoption »
Waiting Children Colombia is a Gladney program that places babies, toddlers, and older children with medical needs from Colombia. Also available for adoption are older (7+ years of age) who are healthy as well as sibling groups. Learn More