Due to the pandemic, adoption travel to China has not taken place since January 2020. When adoption travel to China resumes our website will be updated.
In 1994, Gladney's first adopted child from Shanghai, China came home to the United States. Since that time, Gladney has placed more than 1,250 children born in China with families living in the United States.
The China Adoption Program of today, overseen by the China Centre for Children’s Welfare and Adoption in Beijing, focuses on finding families for children with a diagnosed medical need and children who are physically healthy and over the age of 9. Gladney’s established adoption program in China is as strong as ever! We have enjoyed working even more closely with adopting parents over the past few years. With pre-adoption training to prepare parents, Superkids humanitarian aid trips to benefit waiting children, and post adoption support to all family members, Gladney is proud to be a part of creating hope for children and parents.
If you are considering adoption from China, or if you are an adoption advocate, and would like information about our Superkids program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Couples interested in adopting through Gladney’s China Program must meet the following guidelines:
- Married for a minimum of two years
- China will only place children with heterosexual couples or single women
- Each parent must be at least 30 years old at the time of dossier submission
- One parent must be a U.S. citizen
- No more than 5 children under the age of 18 living in the home
- The youngest child must be 3 years old at the time of dossier submission
- Some flexibility regarding age of child
- Express an openness to a child with a medical condition
To read the full list of requirements, please proceed to Exploring Adoption »
Waiting Children Asia is a Gladney program that places babies, toddlers and older children with medical needs from China and Taiwan. Also available for adoption are older (6+ years of age) children who are healthy. View Profiles
Superkids is a humanitarian aid and child advocacy program at the Gladney Center for Adoption that provides developmental screenings, caregiver trainings and adoption advocacy on behalf of Asian orphans. Learn More